About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Aim of the journal is to inform the scientific groups, analytical laboratories, laboratories of quality control and experts of the pharmaceutical sector about the latest scientific achievements of Ukraine and abroad in the field of quality of drugs; construction and development of quality control systems in pharmacy; certification; validation of techniques and technological processes; modern problems of economics, management and logistics in pharmacy, scientific and methodological aspects of pharmacoeconomic research.
Scientific articles on original research in the field of quality management, standardization, pharmaceutical development and introduction of modern technologies for the development of drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients; economics, marketing, management, and logistics in the pharmaceutical industry, pharmacoeconomics and organization of clinical research; scientific reviews of leading specialists in certain areas of research; articles on the generalization of the best domestic and world experience, introduced in the practical activities of pharmaceutical companies, pharmacy establishments, research institutions, institutions of higher education in the field of pharmacy are published within the covers of the journal “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy”.
The target audience of the authors and readers of the publication is the scientists in the field of pharmacy, organization and management of health care; responsible for the implementation of quality systems; managers; managers and employees of pharmaceutical enterprises (production, wholesale and retail sales of drugs); regulatory staff of the pharmaceutical industry (leading specialists, experts, heads of quality laboratories and others) and pharmaceutical universities (teachers, researchers, postgraduates and graduate students). By the decision of the State Attestation Commission, the journal “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy” is included in the list of scientific professional publications suitable for publishing the main scientific results of the dissertations by the applicants of scientific degrees and researches of applicants for the assignment of scientific degrees in specialties: 15.00.01 “Technology of drugs, organization of pharmaceutical business and forensic pharmacy” and 15.00.03 “Standardization and organization of production of drugs”.
Peer Review Process
The scientific journal “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy” is peer reviewed journal that practices the selection of manuscripts for publication on the basis of their evaluation by independent reviewers through the use of a double, blind type of review (authors do not know the names of reviewers, reviewers are unknown names of authors manuscript).
Blind review procedure passes all manuscripts after checking for plagiarism, which came to the editor. The review is carried out in order to objectively evaluate the content of the scientific article, determine its compliance with the requirements of the journal, a comprehensive analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of the material of the article, the introduction of specific recommendations for their improvement, as well as the selection of original copyright manuscripts for publication. Only those articles that have a scientific value, the direction of research by the theme of “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy” are accepted for publication, and they help to solve actual problems and problems. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific significance. In addition, reviewers determine the compliance of the article with the principles of ethics in scientific publications and provide recommendations for eliminating cases of their violation.
Basic requirements for reviewing manuscripts
Manuscripts that have been pre-evaluated by executive secretaries of the publication (and/or column editors) for compliance with the requirements of the journal to the structure, content and design, plagiarism checking are selected for peer review. Manuscripts that do not meet accepted requirements are not registered and are not allowed for further consideration, as reported by their authors.
Reviewers for manuscripts elect editorial staff from among authors and readers, scientists who are competent in the issues of the publication, or members of the editorial board, provided there is no conflict of interest in the subject matter of the manuscript, which work on a voluntary and royalty-free basis.
Reviewers are required to participate in the review process, both from the editorial board and not from it, necessarily competent in the research problem.
Scientists are selected as reviewers whose subjects correspond to the profile of the publication, and the scientific metrics are corresponding with paragraph 6 of the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine No. 32 dated January 15, 2018.
The deadline for the review is up to 2 weeks after the appointment of the reviewer.
The review process is carried out in the form of a closed questionnaire survey of reviewers on the journal’s website and, if necessary, the reviewer can download the file with an extended review and interpretation of the comments.
During peer review process, the reviewer evaluates the manuscript in terms of the aspects described in the review, may give a textual comment to the manuscript or make a version of the manuscript with suggested edits for editorial staff.
Upon completion of peer review process, a copy of the reviews is sent to the author of the e-mail from journal website for revision and to executive secretary. The names of reviewers are not disclosed.
After passing the peer review process, the reviewer may decide on the recommendation: the manuscript for publication without revision; publication of the manuscript after eliminating minor remarks (grammatical and stylistic errors, drawing drawings and tables, drawing up of an attachment bibliography, etc.); the manuscript for publication after finalizing the serious comments of the reviewer and following the repeat review process; rejection of the manuscript. The rejection of the manuscript is possible in the case: the subject does not correspond to the direction of journal; there is no scientific novelty, theoretical and practical value; unreliable and unreasonable results of the research are presented; the text of the manuscript was previously published, and so on.
Manuscripts sent to the author for removal of serious comments, after being re-submitted to the editor, are sent to the reviewer who reviewed the original version of the manuscript for the repeat review procedure.
In the event of a conflict between the author and the reviewer and the impossibility of removing the comments, the editor may decide on the appointment of a peer review procedure for the manuscript with the involvement of another reviewer.
The final decision on the publication of the manuscript is taken by the editorial board and approved by the Academic Council of the National Pharmaceutical University.
Responsibility for the violation of copyright and non-compliance with existing standards in the materials of the article rests with the author of the article. The author and reviewer are responsible for the reliability of the facts and data presented, the validity of the conclusions drawn and recommendations and the scientific and practical level of the articles.
Journal is published four times per year.
Open Access Policy
This journal is practicing an open access policy in accordance with the Budapest BOAI Initiative (http//www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org), which provides authors and readers with the right to read, download, copy, distribute materials of journal, as well as to find or attach them to full texts of relevant articles, use for indexing and use for other legitimate purposes in the absence of financial, legal and technical barriers, with the exception of those governing direct access to the network internet.
The authors pay only the cost of providing services for the editorial preparation of articles for printing. The payment is made only after receiving a positive review of the article and the adoption by the editorial board of the decision to publish in the journal, which the journal is informed by the responsible secretary of the journal. The cost and procedure for rendering services for editorial preparation (editing, correction, layout of texts) of manuscripts of articles submitted for publication, are fixed in the calculation of services, which is calculated by the planning and financial department of National Pharmaceutical University. The editorial preparation of the manuscripts filed for publication does not involve the translation of the manuscript by English.
There is no fee for submitting and reviewing articles in the journal.
All manuscripts submitted for publication are subject to compulsory examination to prevent academic plagiarism. To perform the analysis of documents in National Pharmaceutical University, software Anti-Plagiarism (licensee – Khmelnytsky National University) is used.
The criteria for the originality of the text in the manuscripts are defined in the Regulations on Measures for the Prevention of Academic Plagiarism (POL A 2.8-03-101) and have the following indicators:
- over 90% – the text of the manuscript is original (insignificant amount of borrowing);
- from 80 to 90% – the originality of the text is satisfactory (insignificant amount of borrowing), however, it is necessary to make sure that the quotations and references to used sources are correct;
- from 60 to 80% – the manuscript is accepted for consideration after completion by the author (authors) and the availability and correct execution of quotes and references to used sources, since it has a significant amount of borrowing;
- less than 60% – the manuscript for consideration is not accepted and can not be recommended for printing (protection), since it has a significant amount of borrowing, which is treated as plagiarism.
Editorial ethics issues
The editorial office of journal “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy” follows the international standards of publication ethics, guided by the recommendations to the list and content of editorial responsibilities – COPE Code of Conduct, approved by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors – ICMJE (recommendations «Vancouver Group») – http://www.icmje.org/), World Association of Medical Editors – WAME – http://www.wame.org/), Directory of Open Access Journals – DOAJ – https://doaj.org).
The Editorial Board is committed to:
- to keep neutrality and objectivity in relation to all participants of the editorial process;
- continually improve the journal;
- to ensure the quality of the material published through the review process, adhere to the principles of confidentiality of information, not to disseminate ideas and/or information obtained during the review of manuscripts;
- to preserve the integrity of scientific research;
- to exclude personal benefits in the course of editorial activity; if necessary, publish corrections and explanations.
Principles of the ethics of the editorial board:
In its activities, the editorial board of the scientific journal “Management, economics and quality assurance in pharmacy” is guided by the following ethical principles:
The decision to publish a scientific article in the journal is taken by the editorial board of the journal on the basis of:
- checking the article on the subject of execution of the requirements for registration;
- evaluation of the intellectual content, scientific and practical significance of the material;
- the results of the peer review;
- the results of the discussion at the meeting of the editorial board.
When deciding on the publication of an article, the editorial board is guided by the publication’s ethics of the journal and does not allow the publication of articles with signs of plagiarism, copyright infringement, defamation and defects in the event of sufficient facts to consider them as such.
The final decision to publish an article or to refuse publication is taken by the editor-in-chief of the journal.
The editorial board evaluates the articles provided, regardless of race, gender, nationality, origin, citizenship (citizenship), occupation, place of work and residence of the author, as well as from his political, philosophical, religious and other views.
The editorial board considers claims to unethical behavior of the authors of submitted manuscripts or published articles and takes measures in connection with the submitted claims.
Ethical principles (responsibility) of the editor
The editor is responsible for the publication of copyright works, which makes it necessary to adhere to the following fundamental principles:
- the editor has the authority to accept (reject) the manuscript;
- the editor should not have a conflict of interest with respect to articles that are accepted (rejected) prior to publication;
- the editor accepts an article only when there is complete confidence in such decision;
- when finding errors, the editor promotes the publication of a corrected article;
- the editor has no right without the written consent of the author to use in their own research unpublished materials contained in the submitted manuscript.
Confidential information or ideas received during the review should not be disclosed by the editor or used for personal gain;
- when deciding on the publication of the manuscript the editor is guided by the reliability of the data presented and the scientific significance of the work under consideration;
- the editor must evaluate the intellectual content of manuscripts regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, origin, nationality, social status or political preferences of authors;
- the editor should not allow the publication of information if there is sufficient reason to believe that it is a plagiarism;
- the editor, in conjunction with the publisher, should not unresponsive claims relating to the manuscripts or published material in question, as well as in the event of a conflict situation, take all necessary measures to restore the infringed rights;
- the editor may be guided by the editorial policy of the journal, decisions of the Editorial Board of the journal, being limited by current legal norms concerning defamation, copyright and plagiarism;
- The editor and the Editorial Board of the journal are obliged not to disclose without the need information about the adopted article to anyone, with the exception of those directly involved in the process of its consideration.
Principles of ethics of reviewers:
The reviewer carries out a scientific examination of the author's materials, as a result of which his actions should be impartial, which is to adhere to the following principles:
- the reviewer is obliged to provide an objective and reasoned assessment of the results of the study, based on the principle observations and wishes aimed at improving the scientific level of the manuscript;
- personal criticism of the author is unacceptable;
- the article under review is considered as a confidential document that can not be passed for review or discussion to third parties who do not have the authority of the editorial board of the journal;
- unpublished data received from the articles submitted for consideration should not be used by the reviewer for personal purposes;
- the opinion to the article is confidential and can not be disclosed. The surname, first name and patronymicthe of reviewer, his place of work and position are not disclosed;
- the reviewer should not have a conflict of interest with regard to the research, authors or research sponsors;
- in the case of a conflict of interest between the results of the research with the personal development of the reviewer or in the case of such professional or personal links between the reviewer and the author, which may affect the judgment of the reviewer, he must return the manuscript, indicating a conflict of interest;
- the reviewer must indicate relevant published works that have not been linked to in the manuscript;
- the article received for review should be considered as a confidential document, which can not be transmitted for familiarization or discussion to third parties who do not have the authority from the editorial office;
- a reviewer who does not possess, in his opinion, sufficient qualifications to evaluate the manuscript, or may not be objective, for example, in the event of a conflict of interest with the author or organization, must notify the editorial board with a request to exclude him from the process of reviewing the manuscript;
- the objective of the reviewer is to objectively evaluate the quality of the submitted manuscript and determine the degree of its compliance with scientific, literary and ethical standards;
- since the reviewer should mark any cases of insufficient citation by the authors of the works of other scholars working in the field of the reviewed article, the comments on the insufficient citation of their own research by the reviewer are identified as biased;
- support for the constant periodical publication of a scientific journal requires a reviewer of high self-discipline, which is disclosed through the timely submission of a review of the manuscript and in respect of the authors of the manuscript (in the case of lack of education in relation to the authors or the systematic provision of reviews of poor quality or violation of the deadlines for the submission of reviews of the relationship with this reviewer stopped);
- when a reviewer is not allowed to use or disclose unpublished information or the author's argument, it is not considered contradictory to the ethical rules of termination of some of his own research reviewers if they believe in it to be ineffective.
Requirements for publication and authors
- availability of a qualitative list of literature;
- publish data on financial support for research;
- lack of plagiarism and fraudulent data;
- prohibition of publishing the same results more than in one journal.
Principles of ethics of the authors of scientific publications:
- the fact that the author of the article for publication in the journal confirms the authorship of scientific research;
- in the case of co-authorship, the article is submitted by one of the authors with the consent of the co-authors;
- among co-authors it is unacceptable to indicate persons who did not participate in the study;
- the materials submitted for publication should contain the results of original scientific research;
- when inserting in the article fragments from the work of other persons, proper registration of such inclusions (quotes) is required by indicating the original source in the bibliographic list to the article;
- the authors are responsible for the content, originality and translation of the text of the articles, the scientific level and the accuracy of the information provided, as well as the fact that the materials do not contain information with restricted access;
- the authors guarantee that the submitted article was not published earlier and is not subject to review in another edition;
- in case of detection of errors or inaccuracies in the submitted scientific material at any stage of the publication process, the author undertakes to inform the editorial board or the editor or editor of the journal section about this fact;
- all authors should provide refutation or correction of errors in case of their discovery.
- if there are significant errors or inaccuracies in the article at the stage of its consideration or after its publication, the author should inform the editorial staff as soon as possible.
Ethical principles (responsibility) of the author
The author (or collective of authors) realizes that he has primary responsibility for the novelty and reliability of the results of scientific research, which implies observance of the following principles:
- all authors should contribute to the research, that is, the participation of all authors in the study and in the preparation of the article should be determined; the co-authors of the article should indicate all persons who made a significant contribution to the research.
- it is necessary to recognize the contribution of all persons who have somehow or other influenced the course of the research, in particular, references should be given in the article to the works that were important during the research;
- the author must provide reliable results of the research. Known false or false allegations are unacceptable;
- the author should not submit to the journal a manuscript that was sent and/or published in another edition;
- the author must ensure that the results of the study, set forth in the attached manuscript, are completely original. The borrowed fragments or statements must be made with the obligatory indication of the author and the original source. Excessive borrowing, as well as plagiarism in all forms, including unformed citations, rephrasing or assigning rights to the results of others' research, are unethical and unacceptable.
National University of Pharmacy